Sunday, December 02, 2007

Is it December already?

November was such a CRAZY month! It was filled with the normal birthday madness...5 out of 6 birthdays in our house are crammed into one month. And of course Thanksgiving. But to take it to a whole new level of utter craziness, everyone has been sick for most of it all. We have all had it, but the kids just seem to not quite get over it, and then it starts all over again. Just tough colds that are lasting longer than normal. I am praying that we are at the tail end of it now with Aaron being the only one left with the lingering symptoms. So that sums up the reason of my lack of presence on the old blog. Many appologies to all my faithfull readers who thought we died (Jamie) or that we may have fallen off the face of the earth. We are all alive and almost well!

And I promise to make it up by posting an enormous amount of photos from all the birthdays, thanksgivng, and other little happenings that occured the last month. I have around 300 photos to upload from my camera!!! Yes, I still take a ridiculous amount of photos even when we are all down with "the plague" for an entire month!

Being sick did have it's perks...I did read 10 novels over the past month, which is more than I've read in the past few years combined. I guess being ridden to the couch and being so sick of t.v that I could scream, helped me devour some good reads. I also had to cook very few meals, hardly did any housework, and stayed in my pajamas for days on end. Would have been almost heavenly without the severe sinus infection, and complete lack of energy, topped off with caring for all 4 of my sick children. Of course now that I am well again, it's been a real treat to get caught up on all of the lovely things around here that got put on the back burner... An enormous amount of laundry, filthy bathrooms, and the girls room looks like a bomb went off in it. And the Christmas totes from the garage will be broke out this week. So the craziness goes on and on! But despite it all I am feeling quite festive, and am feeling the creative juices begin to flow again. Am really looking forward to doing some holiday projects, and getting everything ready for Christmas. Should be interesting with 2 very active 2 year olds reaking havoc on all the holiday pretties in our home! The tree decorations have a slim chance of survival!

Photos soon...I promise!

Peace

2 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

so glad that everyone is feeling better! congrats on reading a small library! :)

it was so fun to hang out with you on friday night. the muddy buddy's were amazing!

i'll have some truffles for you soon!

xo,
Anne

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog recently, yuor kids have the most BEAUTIFUL blue eyes ever!! I was curious though, are you a proffesional photographer?