Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas tree hunting & an early Christmas surprise

Ian had an unexpected friday off last week, so we decided to head over to Volstedt Farms to get our tree. Last year we did the whole u-cut adventure...you can read about it in our archives from last year. It was an experience that need not be repeated! So we selected a beautiful tree from their nice tented already cut tree section. Took about 5 minutes to pick the tree, they shook all the loose needles for us while we went into their greenhouse for hot cocoa and sugar cookies...I also found some fresh cut mistle toe to hang from our archway. We paid and Ian roped it to the top of the minivan. It was lovely...even more so because we didn't get the double stroller stuck in the mud this year! Another perfect example of why picking a tree in 5 minutes is a must!


These beauties are my Christmas gift from my father-in-law and his wife. They are top of the line LG Trom front loading washer & dryer. They wash 3 times the amount of clothes in one load and use 72% less water and energy!!! For the first time since my grandma was here when I was on bedrest with the twins, I have all of our family's laundry completely DONE!!! Except of course what we are wearing :) They are amazing! I really don't know how I got through life without these before. Words can not express how thankful I am to receive such an extravagant gift that will make life so much EASIER for us!

After a week of decorating our house is beautifully decked out for Christmas! I plan on taking some photos of all the festive decor, and our family photo in front of the tree hopefully tonight, so I can include then in our Christmas cards. Will post some of those in the next day or so! Hope everyone is having a delightful time with all your holiday planning and preparations!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of you with the washer and dryer, however you so deserve them. Conrats. Love the pics of the family. Done any layouts lately. talk to you soon. Pam

Claremont First Ward said...

What a wonderful surprise!

Susanne P. said...

those are sweet!! i am so happy for you. if anybody needs a washer & dryer set like that it's you.

Mir said...

I am so very jealous of your new washer and dryer! They are officially on our list for "major purchase" for next year. To be ahead or even on the mark with laundry....what a dream!

Anonymous said...

AAAH! How weird is it that I'm seriously salivating looking at those babies. I truly get off on the weirdest of things...

LUCKY!