Wednesday, December 13, 2006

And just because I thought my house wasn't already a ZOO!!!

I decided to surprise Ian with a puppy for Christmas! The surprise was foiled when he found all the information from the breeder written on a peice of paper that I forgot to hide. So he found out the day before the puppy arrived. He's 10 weeks old, and he's a pure labradore retreiver. His mama was a black lab, and his daddy yellow lab, so he's got some very unique markings on his feet. He also has small patches of yellow on one ear, and his chest. He's is so cute, and proving to be a very good dog already! He's a quick learner and is already sitting on command (most times), learning to stay, and is getting used to being outside. We are letting him be inside/outside, but mostly he'll be an outdoor dog. Ian is very excited to get him trained, and teach him lots of tricks. He's great with all the kids, and very gentle with the babies. Ian named him Rocky and he's quickly learning his name.

So that makes 2 parents, 4 kids, 2 cats, and one puppy! Boy we really do live in a zoo!!! Anyone want to come over?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle-
Wow the puppy is bigger than I thought. Glad he is a quick learner,we had a nightmare with our Choc lab. Love your photo's and your tree. Happy Holidays. Pam at the yard.

Iotis said...

You're a braver woman than I am -- I have my hands full with four kids and one aged dog! He's a beautiful puppy -- I'm sure he'll be a wonderful addition to your family. :)