Monday, July 17, 2006

Katy & Mady 2 days old


Looking at these pictures makes me want to cry. It also reminds me of how far we've come. The girls look so tiny and frail next to my grandpa's hand. Weighing barely 2 lbs each, they certainly had a fight ahead of them. They are our miracle babies indeed. Still showing us what they are made of every day. Still fighting, still struggling, but growing & thriving as well. In their short lives they've endured more than some people go through in a lifetime as far as fighting for you life goes...
RDS, PDA, INFECTIONS, 6 BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, BLOOD GASES, JAUNDICE, I.V.'S IN EVERY PART OF THEIR TINY BODIES, PDA LIGATION, VENT, CPAP, VENT, CPAP, A's & B's, NEC, BEING SEPERATED FROM EACHOTHER FOR SO LONG, BEING AWAY FROM THEIR MAMA & DADDY & BROTHERS, LEARNING TO EAT, GAVAGE FEEDINGS, PUMP FEEDINGS, MEDICATIONS, VOCAL CORD PARALYSIS, REFLUX, LOTS OF TESTING FOR EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, MORE TESTING, PUSHING THEM TO THEIR LIMITS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!! We are truly blessed with these girls. True miracles, gifts from God. I love you my sweets, and thank the Lord for you every day.

1 comment:

HHH said...

You have my interest. I will be keeping up with you blog. My twins were born at 25 weeks. So, we sure can relate!