Friday, September 07, 2007

This boy

This boy had a very bad day today. This boy had a day of pain and of suffering. This boy had a severe migraine today.

It started out with a bit of an upset tummy and a mild headache. It ended with vomiting and severe headpain, a trip to the urgent care clinic, and crying in agony of any little noise that made the pain so much worse. This is something new for him, something that I hope he'll never have to go through again. Something that I recognized from the tears in his eyes and the whimper of even the sound of a whisper. I am praying that this will not become a chronic occurance for him, though with a family history of migraines that just may not be. It was extremely hard watching him go through it, knowing full well exactly what he's feeling. There was nothing I could do to comfort him...no touch of comfort, no soft kisses, no consoling with mommy's words, no medicine at home that would help this kind of thing...Nothing. He was given some pain medication with codiene, it helped him rest and relax. It also made him vomit. He has never been so eager to be in a dark quiet room to just sleep...and so he does, and so he rests.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the poor little guy, go figure right when school started. Hope he is feeling better. Love the new look to the blog. Love seeing all the new pics. You are amazing. Hope to see you soon. Pam

Claremont First Ward said...

The post is heartwrenching. I want to cry for him. I hope this is the first and last migraine. I can only imagine how hard it was on you to watch him wimper in pain..........

Cerise said...

Oh no! My poor little nephew! That is so terrible. I just can't even imagine how you managed to deal with that. (p.s. HE'S IN SECOND GRADE?! Wasn't it just last year we stuffed him into the duckie outfit?!)

Melissa said...

Poor little guy. I hope these don't happen anymore.
I haven't been on your site for a little while. The girls are looking so so cute and the boys to of course ;0)!!!