Monday, May 14, 2007

Here I am again!

Wow 2 posts in one day... Incredible I know! But with things settling down (my work has officially closed it's doors...insert sobbing smiley here), and everyone's staying well, I guess I have a little more time to blog. I should of course be spending time folding the 4 loads of laundry piled on my loveseat, but as I always say laundry will always be there tomorrow. I mean it's never really done now is it? Even when you think it done, I just take a look at all the clothes the 6 of my family members are wearing and remind myself that it's a losing battle.

In baby news, Madelyn is now an official walker!!! She has really started to take more and more steps. Really just today as a matter of fact is when I noticed that she's really trying it out more and more. She still crawls as her main mode of transportation (that girl can crawl at lightening speed), but I know it's just a matter of days before crawling is a thing of the past! And hopefully Katelyn will see how cool it is to walk, and that crawling is for babies, and she'll want to do what all the cool kids are doing and walk too! She's close, she just needs to lose the fear. Katelyn has started walking while pushing her push-n-ride toy, and does really well. She goes until she runs into something, and then either gets frustrated because she can't go any further, OR she'll back up (that's right I said back up) and turn it the other direction to keep on going! So I KNOW she CAN walk, SHE just has to know she can walk! I mean the girl's got skills with her backwards walking and all!

Since the weather is changing to nice warmer temperatures I've been getting the girls a few things here and there for their summer wardrobe. I got some stuff 12 months and some stuff 9 months. The 9 month stuff fits them really good, and the 12 month stuff is just starting to fit. I've had the best luck with target's clothes for them in the 12 month size...so far all the stuff I've gotten there in the bigger size is fitting pretty darn good! I'm really reluctant to buy much in the 9 month size because if they grow even a little bit it'll be too small!

So I mentioned the other day that Madelyn has turned into a mama's girl. It's amazing the transformation that has taken place with our realationship. Before she was sick, she could pretty much take me or leave me. She didn't like to be held pretty much ever, and when she did it was for very brief periods. But now man! it's like we have this connection that honestly I think got broken while she was in the NICU for 3 months. I know she was tiny and kind of incoherent, but I really think her NICU stay had a hand in shaping the baby she is. She was the one who really struggled the most, and because of all she endured, I think she developed a bit of a tough exterior. But don't get me wrong she hasn't lost any of her fiestyness! But now she loves to be held a bit more (not cuddled just held), and comes up to me to be picked up, she lays her head in my lap, gives me kisses, and just really shows much more affection than she ever did before! She's even said mama a few times lately! (she really struggles to say the ma sound) She wants to be with me and follows me around the house. It just makes me happy in a way that I can't even describe.

One of Katelyn's cute new things is to pretend that she's talking on the phone. She talks with remotes, her binky, blocks, her hand, pretty much anything that she thinks is a suitable phone. she'll hold it up to her ear and just start jabbering away! She's definitely her mama's daughter. I see a play phone in her future very soon! Another not so cute thing that she's been doing is playing in the toilet water! Anytime anyone leaves the bathroom door open she sneaks in there to play in the toilet. It grosses me out!!! Now I'd think Mady would be the one doing something this mischivous, but Mady's sensory issues slow her down a bit when it comes to sticking her hands in cold toilet water.

Mady has shown signs of having SID (sensory integration dysfunction) It's been talked about with her therapists, and we just continue to play a lot of sensory kind of games with her to help her through it. Right now her major sensory issues have to do with touch and sounds. She's sensitive to touch on her face and feet, but her hands are the worst. SID is a disorder similar to autism. It's a disorder that causes difficulties with processing information from all of the senses; vision, hearing, touch, and taste. It's much more common for very low birth weight preemies to have SID, but since Mady is in Early Intervention we are very optomistic that her issues can be overcome!

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to bed :)

No comments: