Thursday, September 06, 2007

Just a day

Yesterday was a full day around here. Chaotic, and at times difficult. I've been watching my friend's children a few days a week, so at times I just feel like Im being pulled in too many directions. Having 5 kids in the house all 4 and under is a challenge (it was 7 kids total until this week)!!!

I try to keep them all busy with some fun activities during the day, usually coloring or a game or playing outside. But there are times when they watch a movie or a show. And so I put on an Elmo movie, and this is what happened...


These 3 little ones watched almost an entire Elmo dvd together. Katy & Mady have just started to take notice when the t.v is on...they'll stare at it for a short bit here & there, but they LOVED Elmo! I mean what toddler doesn't right?
Ummm o.k. how sweet is this?! I just can't believe I had my camera in my hand and ready! He's a sweet little guy, and loves the "baby girls". And just to give you all a reference of size, he's only 3.5 months older than the twins!

And then there was this...Mady has her days of being super sensitive to basically everything. It has to do with her getting overwhelmed and overstimulated. When she gets like this she litterally climbs on me and stays there for however long it takes her to feel o.k. again. It was well over an hour maybe even 2 this time before she would even consider being put down. It's not just an I want my mommy kind of thing, it's an I NEED my mommy to feel safe and secure. And so I got this shot from my lap, so please exuse the blurry head chopped off shot. I just thought it captured "us"

No comments: